Effective Jan. 1, 2018, HealthChoice is partnering with ECHO Health, a payment disbursement service. ECHO Health is an industry leader in payment administration, and is working very closely with HealthChoice to ensure a smooth transition.
If your organization currently receives paper remittance advices in the mail, you will no longer receive these for claims with dates of service beginning Jan. 1, 2018.
If your organization currently receives electronic fund transfer (EFT) payments from HealthChoice, ECHO Health will continue to utilize that existing EFT information to disburse funds for your organization’s TIN, including all affiliated NPIs and locations. All payment information, explanation of provider payment (EPP), and electronic remittance advice (ERA) will be available at ECHO Health’s multi-payer portal www.providerpayments.com.
Providers will receive the following EFT/ERA services that are currently available for HealthChoice at no cost:
- EFT payments (made according to your current enrollment on file with EGID).
- Accessing ERAs for download from the www.providerpayments.com.
- ERA routing to your designated clearinghouse.
- To receive your ERA through your clearinghouse, please refer to information below.
- Daily payment disbursement.
- Payment issuance email notifications (set up through www.providerpayments.com).
Please note that existing EFT’s and clearinghouse ERA delivery preferences will continue to be maintained by HealthChoice Network Management staff.
HealthChoice encourages providers and facilities to reach out to ECHO Health Customer Service toll-free at 844-586-7463 if your organization:
- Does not currently have access to ECHO Health’s provider portal, www.providerpayments.com.
- Would like to automate the ERA delivery through your preferred clearinghouse partner. Please note that if existing clearinghouse routing is in place, this will be maintained.
More detailed instructions and information, along with educational webinar sessions are scheduled for December.
Claims for Dates of Service Prior to Jan. 1, 2018
You will continue to receive payments and related remittance advices according to your current directive with HealthChoice for claims processed by the current TPA for dates of service prior to Jan. 1, 2018.